Ok rewind! I guess I should start off by saying that this is going to be a non-fashion-related post, and a considerably text-heavy one at that. But I have not forgotten my earlier promise to keep readers entertained with image-based entries as I will include a minute portion of the many photos I took over the past three days.
Now without further ado, let's start the story-telling! (Attention: SPOILERS AHEAD! Read at your own risk!)
Being the studious person that I am (pffftttt what??), I registered for summer courses that would take place Mondays to Thursdays after finals ended. This leaved me with only Friday as my "free" day.
After B.A.P announced that they would be touring the U.S., I literally fell off my chair and could not contain myself. Though I was originally hoping I could attend the LA show, I attended the San Francisco show instead since that one was scheduled for a Friday instead of a Tuesday.
Alright! Now for the exciting stuff!
Thursday May 9, 2013
I suddenly decided that I wanted to make a posterboard on Wednesday night. And although I still had to pack on Thursday night, I managed to buy the poster materials in the morning and finish assembling the poster when I got back from afternoon classes.
Created from black bristol board and glow-in-the-dark paint, here is the finished product!! (Can you tell who my bias is? ;D)
Friday May 10, 2013
My flight was pretty early, so I had to leave the house around 5AM, leaving me to get only a mere 4 hours of sleep (eek!). But all was good as I was on my way to see the one and only B.A.P!!
First thing I noticed upon arriving in San Francisco was the lack of efficiency in airport infrastructure. But I won't go into detail about that.
After checking in to the hotel, we set about driving around in search for The Warfield in the early afternoon. Upon finding it, I was stunned to discover that the line outside the theatre to see B.A.P was at least 10 metres long! The doors would not open until 6:30PM, yet there had been people lined up outside since 9:30AM to get good standing seats!
A girl I met there was kind enough to save me a spot in line while I rushed back to get my posterboard. And we, as well as a bunch of Babyz, stood in line for another 3 hours or so before we were finally admitted inside.
Again though, I have to comment on the inefficiency and disorganization of the entire event. Not only did majority of the fans miss the opening act, but a lot of people also missed B.A.P's first few performances since we were still lined up outside. The doors, in fact, did NOT open at 6:30PM. The
Might I add that Verizon has told a BIG FAT LIE on their website - there were NO concert goods sold at the venue whatsover. Nothing, none, zilch. Not a Live On Earth product was to in sight.
And once again, I really wished there was an age limit for this concert. Getting puerile remarks thrown at me by munchkin elementary school kids who find flicking my sign more amusing than watching Zelo rap does not exactly coincide with my idea of enjoying a concert.
- The Concert
Oh wow. Just WOW. It's one thing to drool over your favourite K-Pop star in front of a computer screen while you watch videos of them performing. It's a totally different feeling when you actually see them. Like, FOR REAL - as physical beings in front of your own very eyes! As soon as the B.A.P appeared, I thought, "Wow. I am actually seeing them live. Like, they're HERE. Not in Korea. This isn't just a video - it's them IN PERSON. Holy OMG, I can't believe this is happening."
That completely surreal feeling still hasn't left me, and I'm still experiencing the after-effects of standing tip-toed, holding up a sign, and screaming my head off for 2+ hours.
Needless to say, they were nothing less than SPECTACULAR! But I do have some individual comments to make:
- Bang Yong Guk: He's equally skinny as in his pictures, and you could see that even through his clothes. (*Sigh~* No, he didn't strip like in Live On Earth Seoul). But OMG he is DAMN HOTT in real life. He isn't my bias or anything but his DJing completely captivated me X3
- Kim Himchan: Ahhh my bias ❤ To be completely honest, I was surprised at how he performed live. Besides the MC portion, he was rather expressionless while performing and looked extremely tired a little after halfway through the show. Another thing I noticed was that they altered the ONE SHOT choreography to put less pressure on the hands; if I'm not mistaken, Himchan's hand hasn't fully recovered enough to do the push-up dance but he still forced himself to dance. Aww baby, I know you wanted to perform with the rest of the group, but you need to rest > <.
- Jung Daehyun: My gosh boy, You really do have the voice of an angel. Daehyun's voice rang loud and clear throughout the entire concert hall. He really puts his all into his performances. What amazed me the most was his duet with Yongguk for I Remember: he gave Yoseob's part a twist by changing the key and intonation slightly. His voice was absolutely beautiful, making it sheer bliss to listen to it. OH! And you know those photos of him post-workout that he posts on his SMS accounts? Those arms are REAL guyssssss - they're even more defined than Yongguk's!!! AHHHHHHH~ ❤
- Yoo Youngjae: I've always been kind of, well, neutral to Youngjae. But seeing him live has made me realize just how CUTE and lovable he is! He is super sweet to the fans and always has a smile on his face. Watching him makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside > /// <. Oh and another thing: Though I always thought he was a "backup" singer to Daehyun, I now know how totally wrong I am. His voice stands out a LOT more in real life. And "I Believe You Can Fly" would not have been complete without him.
- Moon Jongup: Oh man, this guy can DANCE. He doesn't do it too much in the performances I've watched online, but HOLY COW! His bboying skills are top-notch! And he can sing! He doesn't have that many lines in B.A.P's songs, so I never knew what he really sounded like, but he actually sings really well!! XD And that red hair REALLY suits him x3
- Zelo: I feel like such a pedo-noona for saying this but, Zelo is incredibly SEXY - he's ZEXY! (LOL). You wouldn't have ever thought it but he's got some seriously nice arms hidden underneath that jacket. And like all the other members, he was tired by the end of the concert, but not once did an exhausted expression appear on his face. Instead, he just cooly ruffled his hair and wiped off his sweat with a towel (that he sadly did not throw into the audience).
Though Himchan was my bias (And he still is! Though now I have once more hehe ;D), Zelo had this magical ability that made my eyes follow him all around the stage. It was crazy - like his body was just one huge magnet that was slowly sucking my eyes out of their sockets. Damn boy, you were MADE for the entertainment industry.
Ok, so that's the end of my fangirling. The boys' performance was, no doubt, flawless. They really are BEST. ABSOLUTE. PERFECT.
(P.S. Cameras weren't allowed in the venue (they actually did inspect your bag) and thus, I did not bring one)
Saturday May 11, 2013
Saturday was my day to be a tourist, and so sightseeing it was!
< The above photos were taken at the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Lombard St., and Japantown. >
And so concludes my intense three-day vacation!
Thank you to everyone who made this trip possible! Especially my family who supported me all the way and even travelled with me/sponsored me on this trip! This support has meant so much to me and I will be forever grateful.